The information on this website is provided "as is". Except as required by applicable law and except to the extent that this disclaimer (or part) is held to be invalid no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a purpose is made in relation to the accuracy, reliability, completeness or content of the pages. The information contained in the Webpages herein may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Any information presented within this website may contain forward looking statements by ECS relating to financial, market or industry trends for a future period.
These forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties which may cause the actual performance, results and outcome to be different than those expressed in this presentation.
The statements are made based on facts and information available to ECS at the date of the presentation and merely represent an expression of ECS management’s views, targets and expirations of future events. They do not in way represent a forecast, projection, estimate or guarantee of ECS’ future performance and neither have they been independently verified.
Accordingly no representation or warranty, express or implied is made to, and no reliance should be placed on the fairness, accuracy and completeness of such information. ECS and its subsidiaries, representatives and officers shall have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, costs and expenses arising out of or in connection with this presentation.
ECS reserves the right to revise the pages or withdraw access to them at any time. ECS assumes no responsibility for material created or published by third parties that ECS' website pages have a link to as the material has not been verified or authenticated by ECS.The information on this website is provided "as is". Except as required by applicable law and except to the extent that this disclaimer (or part) is held to be invalid no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a purpose is made in relation to the accuracy, reliability, completeness or content of the pages. The information contained in the Webpages herein may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
The information on this website is protected by copyright © ECS ICT Bhd 2013. All rights reserved. Reproduction, transfer, distribution or storage of part or all of the contents in any form without the prior written permission of ECS is prohibited except in accordance with the following permission. ECS consents to you storing on your computer or printing copies of extracts from these pages for your personal non-commercial use only. Individual documents downloaded from ECS' website may be subject to additional terms indicated in those documents.
Personal Data Protection Act Info
This Notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). For the purposes of this Notice, “ECS” shall mean ECS ICT Berhad and its subsidiaries, ECS Kush Sdn Bhd, ECS Pericomp Sdn Bhd, ECS Astar Sdn Bhd and ECS KU Sdn Bhd and shall include such other subsidiaries, associate companies and/or related companies as may be incorporated from time to time.
1. Source and Description of Personal Data
You may have supplied and may continue to supply ECS with your personal data in connection with credit application, promotional and/or marketing activities, or in the general course of conducting business with ECS. ECS may also verify or source personal data about you from third party sources such as credit reporting agencies, Companies Commission and Insolvency Department. ECS may also obtain personal data from third parties which ECS deals with or are connected with you (such as credit reference agencies or financial institutions) and from sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
You may have made available your personal data to ECS in hard copies, attachments in emails or any other form of electronic communications.
Such personal data may include but is not limited to your name, address, identity card number, passport number and contact details such as phone numbers, fax numbers, mobile phone numbers, email address and any other contact information as well as financial information. In addition, ECS may from time to time request for other personal information that may be relevant for ECS in the course of conducting business with you or your organisation.
2.1 The purposes for which your personal data may be used and/or processed by ECS shall include but not limited to:
- identity verification
- process credit application or assess and/or verify credit worthiness
- process request for products and services of ECS
- facilitate and engage in business and/or commercial transactions
- conduct promotional and/or marketing activities
- provide you with information and updates including promotional and/or marketing materials in relation to products and services offered by ECS and/ or business partners of ECS
- communicate to you including responding to enquiries and resolving issues or complaints
- monitor and improve the performance of products and services provided by ECS
- for any general conduct of business activities between ECS and you or your organisation
- comply with legal and regulatory requirement and provide assistance to law enforcement agencies, if required
- administer and/or manage products and services which ECS has provided including enforcing the rights and obligations of ECS and/or obtaining legal advice
- maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes; 2 version Feb 2014
- for such other purposes as permitted by applicable law and/or with your consent; and/or
- for all other purposes in relation or incidental to the above
3. Provision of Information
You have the right in deciding the information you wish to provide. However, it is obligatory to provide certain personal data and if you choose not to provide the same, ECS may not be able to offer products and services to you or your organisation, process credit application, assess credit worthiness, offer credit terms, provide you or your organisation with promotional and/or marketing offers for your benefit, and/or conduct business with you or your organisation.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
4.1 Whilst ECS does not disclose your information to any third parties unless such disclosure is within the ambit of permitted disclosures under the prevailing laws/guidelines and/or you have consented to such disclosures, ECS may disclose your information to the following parties:
- companies within ECS
- third party service providers
- agents or contractors appointed by ECS to act on behalf of ECS
- third parties that assist or collaborate with ECS on promotional and/or marketing activities
- parties that act as ECS’ payment channels including but not limited to financial institutions for purposes of maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit and facilitating payments to ECS
- regulatory, government bodies, other authorities or persons, if required to do so under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court
- debt collection agencies and other parties that assist with debt recovery functions; and/or
- professional advisers and consultants including but not limited to lawyers, accountant, auditors and insurers on a need to know basis for the purposes of providing their services and/or advices to ECS
Your personal data may also be stored in the ERP and email systems of ECS where the relevant staff of ECS may have access for the purposes set out above.
5. Your Rights and How to Contact ECS
5.1 You may contact ECS in writing to:
- request for access to your personal data that ECS retain about you
- request for your personal data retained by ECS to be corrected/updated
- withdraw your consent to the processing/use of your personal data by ECS
5.2 In accordance with the PDPA, ECS has the right to charge a fee for the processing of any data access request
5.3 If you wish to limit ECS’ right to process your personal data or do not wish to be contacted by ECS for promotional and/or marketing offers, please contact ECS at the contact details set out below
5.4 Should you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, you may contact the following
Data Protection Officer
ECS ICT Berhad
Lot 3, Jalan Teknologi 3/5,
Taman Sains Selangor,
47810 Petaling Jaya,
GPS coordiante: 3.153895, 101.568095
Tel: 603-6286 8222
Fax: 603-6140 0031
6. Updates to This Notice
6.1 ECS reserves the right to amend this Notice at any time and will place notice of such amendments on ECS’ website www.ecsm.com.my or through any other mode which ECS deems suitable.
7.1 If you are a firm, partnership, joint venture, unincorporated body, corporation or other body corporate, the giving of this Notice addressed to such firm, partnership, joint venture, unincorporated body, corporation or other body corporate shall be deemed as notice given to all your partners, directors, office-bearers, shareholders and/or employees, as the case may be, whose data are collected and/or processed by ECS for the purposes as stated in paragraph 2.1 above. In this regard, you warrant that you have obtained the consent of all such individuals to the provision of their personal data to ECS for the purposes set out in paragraph 2.1 above and for disclosure to such parties as set out in paragraph 4.1 above and you undertake to extend a copy of this Notice to all such individuals, which expression shall include all such existing and new partners, directors, office-bearers, shareholders and/or employees, as the case may be, from time to time.
7.2 This Notice shall also apply to the usage, processing and disclosure of the personal data of any other individual who is not a customer of ECS but whose personal data is required to be collected by ECS for the purposes or incidental to the provision of products and services by ECS to its customers, whether the customer concerned is another individual, company, business entity or organisation. In this regard, you confirm and warrant that you have obtained the consent of such individuals to the provision of such personal data to ECS for the purposes set out in paragraph 2.1 above and for disclosure to such parties as stipulated in paragraph 4.1 above.
7.3 By providing your personal data to ECS, you are consenting to the statements and terms in this Notice and the collection, use, access, disclosure, storage and processing of personal data as described in this Notice.
Download a PDF version of the PDPA info in English
Download a PDF version of the PDPA info in Malay