ECSB distributes a comprehensive range of ICT products comprising notebooks, personal computers, smartphones, tablets, wearables, printers, software, network and communication infrastructure, servers, and enterprise software from more than 30 leading principals like Hewlett Packard, Asus, Lenovo, Apple, Dell, Microsoft, Cisco, Samsung, VMWare and IBM.
With a nationwide channel network of more than 5,500 resellers comprising of retailers, system integrators and corporate dealers, ECS also provides value-added product support and technical services.
The Group business segments comprise of the following:
- ICT Distribution : Distribution of Volume ICT products to resellers, comprising mainly of retailers
- Enterprise Systems : Distribution of Enterprice ICT products to resellers, comprising mainly of system integrators and corporate dealers
- ICT Services : Provisioning of ICT systems and services.
|1985||• Began business in marketing personal computers under K.U. Sistem Sdn Bhd (now known as ECS KU Sdn. Bhd.).|
|1986||• Management buy-out of K.U. Sistem Sdn Bhd by founders Foo Sen Chin and Dato’ Teo Chiang Quan.
• Pericomp Sdn Bhd (now known as ECS PERICOMP Sdn. Bhd.) was formed to distribute peripherals to dealers.
|1994||• Set up a branch office in Penang.|
|1997/98||• KUS Holdings Sdn Bhd (now known as ECS KUSH Sdn. Bhd.) won the inaugural Enterprise 50 award.
• ASTAR Sdn. Bhd. (now known as ECS ASTAR Sdn. Bhd.) won the Enterprise 50 award.
|2000||• KUS Holdings Sdn Bhd (now ECS KUSH Sdn. Bhd.) became a 60% subsidiary of ECS Holdings Limited of Singapore.|
|2001||• Listing of ECS Holdings Limited on the SGX Mainboard.|
|2004||• KUS Group of companies adopted the ‘ECS’ corporate identity.
• ECS ICT Berhad was awarded MSC status by MDeC.
|2005||• Introduction of program to install credit card terminals at resellers’ sales points.|
|2006||• Implemented Enterprise Knowledge Portal to improve information storage and sharing.|
|2007||• Establishment of warehouses in Kota Kinabalu and Kuching.|
|2008||• Installation of 720 credit card terminals with over 107 retailers to improve collections.
• Implemented the FPX payment gateway which enables direct online payment from resellers.
• Establishment of sales office in Johor Bahru and Kuantan.
• Launch of our integrated corporate office and warehouse facility in Kota Damansara.
|2010||• Listing of ECS ICT Berhad on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.|
|2011||• Appointed strategic authorised distributor for Dell’s commercial & consumer products & solutions.
• Appointed as Lenovo's distributor for 3 business segments: Consumer, Small & Medium Business and Relationship (corporate).
• Set up of ECS Technology Centre at ECS’ head office, showcasing Oracle Exadata Database machine, the first in Malaysia.
• Nominated as one of the companies in "The Edge Billion Ringgit Club“.
|2012||• Appointed distributor for Google Nexus 7 and Asus Padfone tablet PCs; enters smartphone segment with Huawei Ascend P1 & first foray into cloud computing.
• Signs agreement to distribute Huawei’s entire range of enterprise systems products and services.
• Undertook 1-for-2 Bonus Issue.
|2013||• Appointed distributor for Lenovo smartphones, Samsung smartphones (for enterprise systems segment), Microsoft Surface RT and Surface Pro.|
|2014||• Appointed distributor for ASUS and BenQ smartphones, Zebra printing solutions, Seagate storage solutions and F5 Networks’ solutions.|
|2015||• Appointed distributor for Microsoft Mobile, Xiaomi MiPad, Nutanix, Veeam and TmaxSoft Singapore.
• 2015 marked the 30th anniversary of the inception of the Group.
|2016||• Entered wearables market with Apple Watch, Motorola Moto 360, ASUS ZenWatch 2 and Huawei Watch.
• Appointed distributor for DJI Phantom 3 & Phantom 4 drones and Osmo camera.
• Entered VR market with Orion S1 and V1.
• Appointed distributor for Apple iPhone and accessories.